In this episode we take an entirely new angle. I’ve been
wanting to bring in some gurus on particular topics and it brings
me great pleasure to start with our spiritual guru Damien Price on
Spiritualism and how it fits in the corporate world.
Damien Price is a Christian Brother and has taught for over
thirty years in schools throughout Australia and New Zealand. Over
the past twenty years Damien has been involved in working with
disadvantaged youth, homeless men and women, refugees and Asylum
Seekers. Damien has Masters Degrees in Counselling and Pastoral
Guidance. Damien’s Doctor of Philosophy degree focused on the sense
of self that youth grew into as they engaged with homeless people
over an extended period of time.
He is now Regional Ministry Coordinator for PNG, Philippines and
Timor Leste in a role that has him travelling and organising all
over SE Asia. Some of the questions I ask Damien
• What is God and/or who was God and where do people get it
• What is Religion and where do people get it wrong?
• What is the ultimate purpose of life?
• Your often describe yourself as a monk. Why is that the most
fitting description of you?
• What are the vows you take a Christian Brother? Why do you
cherish them and what role do they play for you?
• You took a break from the Brothers. What drew you away and
ultimately what brought you back?
• What is the most stinging feedback you’ve ever received and
how did it shape you?
• What have you learned about yourself over the past five
• What mistakes do busy professionals make that is costing
them their spirituality?
• On a day to day basis what's the most powerful action
someone can take to keep and develop a strong spiritual
• Does spirituality fit in the boardroom?