In this episode we hear from Brad Gordon, former CEO of Acacia
Mining Limited. We cover the importance of getting out from behind
your desk, how to create a game that inspires your people and
attracts the best talent.
Until recently, Brad Gordon was the CEO of Acacia Mining
Limited. Prior to that he has also been the CEO of Entrepid
Mines Limited, Emperor Mines Limited and was Managing Director of
Placer Dome, New Guinea.
Key Questions I ask Brad Gordon:
• What you do love about mining and being
• Were there any setbacks along the way?
• What is your secret sauce? The thing you can do better than
almost anyone else?
• So what advice would you give to someone who's in that
middle level of their career and all of a sudden they're stuck,
they're not going up any further?
• Do you have any moments when you doubt your abilities? What
do you do in those moments to keep going?
• Did anyone give you any feedback to you personally that
really rang true for you? That was important for the young Brad
Gordon to hear?
• What you have learned about yourself over the past 10
• How do you stay focused?
• Where do leaders in the middle and senior management waste
their time and effort?
• How do you get the right people on your team?
• Where do people get transformations right and where do they
• What is the final message of wisdom and hope you think is
vital for the next generation of executives?